|S-Boats in the People's Navy - Shershen|
S-Boats in the People's Navy (Volksmarine) 1956 - 1990
Torpedo-S-Boat "Shershen" (Projekt 206)
Since 1967 the preparations for substitution of the P- 6-Class by torpedo-S-boats of Soviet production were conducted.
They were steel-boats with a displacement of 145 ts, propelled by three M-503 engines they were reaching a speed of 45 knots. They were armed with four torpedo tubes mad to launch 53/39 PM and 53/56 W torpedoes, two 30-mm AK-230 twin mounted guns and a MR-104 fire control system. They could drop mines and depth charges.
As early as 14.10.1968 the first boat was commissioned. Until December 1970 a total of 15 boats were delivered. The boats were integrated in the TS-Brigade's 2., 4., and 6. TS-Division with five boats each.
Drawing from Mehl/Schäfer: Die andere deutsche Marine
TSB Shershen-Class from the Air - Picture: Dieter Flohr
TSB 831 "Willi Bänsch" - Picture: Archives Dr. Friedrich Weigelt
Double-barreled Gun AK 230 - Picture: Karl Scheuch
Fire from 30mm-Flak "AK 230" Double-barreled - Picture: Archives Dr. Friedrich Weigelt
Tube 3 being Loaded with Torpedo - Picture: Archives Dr. Friedrich Weigelt
"Tube 3 fire" - Picture: Archives Dr. Friedrich Weigelt
Taking Mines on Board - Picture: Archives Dr. Friedrich Weigelt
Storage of Mines on Board of a Shershen-Boat - Picture: Archives Dr. Friedrich Weigelt
Maintenance of Ammunition on Board of Shershen-Boats- Picture: Archives Dr. Friedrich Weigelt
Admirals Hoffmann and Ehm on Board of a Shershen-Boat - Picture Archives Dr. Friedrich Weigelt
1971 three additional boats were delivered and integrated in the TS-Brigade, three older boats were handed over to the School-Boat-Division at Parow.