Die Schnellboot-Seite

----- S-Boats --   -Tenders-     Various -----Guestbook

  Federal German Navy - 2. S-Boat-Squadron

 

Contact

Links S-Boat-Pages 

Links Friends 

Home

Exclusion of Liability

Impressum

Search for Fellows

Literature

 

 

 

The 2. S-Boat-Squadron was put in order by Organization Order No. 80 - Navy with an effective date of 01.06.1958 homeported in Wilhelmshaven.  10 boats of the "Seeadler"-Class (S-Boat Class 141) were assigned to the squadron. From 1976 onwards it was retrofitted with 10 boats of the "Albatros"-Class (Class 143).

The coat -of-arms of the 2. S-Boat-Squadron shows the "Iron Fist" following the boat-coat-of-arms of "S 76" whose commanding officer Oblt.z.S. Meyering was the first Commander of the squadron. 

"Iron Fist" on the birdge of "S 76" (Oblt.z.S. Meyering, 6. SFltl) - Picture: Archives Freundeskreis Schnellboote und Korvetten

 

The squadron moved in 01.11.1970 to Olpenitz and from there 1994 to Warnemünde. It was closed down on 26.06.2006. The boats of class 143 A were given back to the 7. S-Boats-Squadron.

Squadron Commanders:

FKpt Meyering 06.1958 - 09.1961
FKpt  Schay 10.1961 - 09.1964
FKpt Hoffmann 10.1964 - 03.1965
FKpt Arendt 03.1965 - 10.1967
FKpt Zeitz 10.1967 - 12.1969
FKpt  Kleve 12.1969 - 05.1972
FKpt Tetzlaff 05.1972 - 12.1974
FKpt Giermann 12.1974 - 05.1979
FKpt Jancke 06.1979 - 03.1981
FKpt Frank 04.1981 - 09.1983
FKpt Kubalek 10.1983 - 05.1986
FKpt Boonstoppel 06.1986 - 09.1987
FKpt Feist 10.1987 - 09.1990
FKpt Hass 10.1990 - 03.1992
FKpt Seemann 04.1992 - 01.1994
FKpt Beyer 01.1994 - 09.1996
FKpt Vollers 10.1996 - 03.1999
FKpt von Buttlar 03.1999 - 08.2001
FKpt Martens 09.2001 - 03.2003
FKpt Dr. Daum 04.2003 - 10.2004
FKpt Gelhausen 11.2004 - 12.2005

"Seeadler"- Class, S-Boat Class 141

S-"Bussard" (Class 141) - Picture: Archives Förderverein

S-"Geier" as Testboat - Picture: Archives Förderverein

 

Tender "Elbe" and the Boats of the 2. SGschw - Picture: Archives Förderverein

Technical Data

 

Boats of Class 141 and their Whereabouts

Boat Hull-No. In Commission Int'l. Call-Sign Out of Commission  Whereabouts
Seeadler P 6068 29.08.1958 DBWE 30.07.1976 Left to Greece, "Esperos", P 50
Albatros P 6069 27.01.1959 DBOH 19.12.1976 Left to Greece, as spare-part-stock
Kondor P 6070 24.02.1959 DBRT 25.07.1976 Left to Greece, "Lailaps",  P 54
Greif P 6071 03.03.1959 DBOJ 30.04.1976 Left to Greece, "Kyklon",   P 53
Falke P 6072 14.04.1959 DBOK 26.09.1976 Left to Greece, "Kataigis", P 51
Geier P 6073 03.06.1959 DBRN 27.06.1975 Left to Greece, "Tyfon",      P 56
Bussard P 6074 21.03.1959 DBRP 28.11.1975 Left to Greece as spare-part-stock
Habicht P 6075 21.05.1959 DBRR 24.09.1976 Left to Greece, "Kentaurus", P 52
Sperber P 6076 01.07.1959 DBSH 27.12.1976 Left to Greece as spare-part-stock
Kormoran P 6077 09.11.1959 DBSM 26.11.1976 Left to Greece, "Scorpios", P 55

The boats "Kondor", "Sperber" und "Habicht" took part in the burial of Dr. Konrad Adenauer, the first  German Bundeskanzler, on 25. August 1967. 

 

 

Albatros-Classe, S-Boat Class 143

"S 68 - Seeadler", (Class 143) - Picture: Archives Förderverein

All ten Boats of Class 143 alongside Tender "Donau" - Picture: Archives Förderverein

Launching of the Boats of class S 143 took place in the time frame 22.10.1973 (typeboat "S 61 Albatros") until 14.04.1976 with the last boat of class, "S 70 Kormoran". The dates and the godmothers/lauching speekers an dthe godfather-towns were as follows:

Name of Boat Launching Dates Godmothers Launching Speekers Godfather-Town
S61 Albatros 22.10.1973 Mrs. Thäter Kpt zS Thäter Remscheid
S62 Falke 13.06.1974 Mrs.  Günther FKpt S. Günther Coesfeld
S63 Geier 18.09.1974 Mrs. Renken HBtsm Renken Herne
S64 Bussard 14.04.1975 Mrs. Milewski MinRat Milewski Kamp-Lintfort
S65 Sperber 15.01.1974 Mrs. Tetzlaff FKpt Tetzlaff Münster
S66 Greif 04.09.1975 Mrs. v. Schroeter KAdm v. Schroeter  Mannheim
S67 Kondor 06.03.1975 Mrs. Kleve Kpt zS Kleve Mönchengladbach
S68 Seeadler 17.11.1975 Mrs. Rabe Kpt zS Raber Bocholt
S69 Wiesel 05.06.1975 Mrs. Ruppelt MinRat Ruppelt Königsee
S70 Kormoran 14.04.1976 Mrs. Luther VAdm Luther Mühlheim/Ruhr

 

"S69 Habicht" fitted with RAM-Launcher for Trials - Picture: Archives Burkhard Schindler

To fit the RAM-Launcher on "S69 Habicht" the Torpedo-Tubes had to be removed - Picture: Archives Burkhard Schindler

 

 

 

Technical Data

Boats of Class 143 and their Whereabouts

Boat Hull-No. In Commission Int'l. Call-Sign Out of Commission Whereabouts
S 61 - Albatros P 6111 01.11.1976 DRBU 24.03.2005 sold to Lürssen-Shipyard
S 62 - Falke P 6112 13.04.1976 DRBV 16.12.2004 MArs W'haven
S 63 - Geier P 6113 02.07.1976 DRBW 30.09.2005 sold to Tunesia, "Hamilcon" 507
S 64 - Bussard P 6114 14.03.1976 DRBX 24.03.2005 sold to Lürssen-Shipyard
S 65 - Sperber P 6115 27.09.1976 DRBY 30.06.2005 sold to Tunesia, "Hamilcar" 506
S 66 - Greif P 6116 25.11.1976 DRBZ 30.06.2005 sold to Tunesia, "Hanon" 505
S 67 - Kondor P 6117 17.12.1976 DRCA 16.12.2004 MArs W'haven
S 68 - Seeadler P 6118 28.03.1977 DRCB 30.09.2005 sold to Tunesia, "Hanibal" 508
S 69 - Habicht P 6119 23.12.1977 DRCC 13.12.2005 sold to Tunesia, "Hasdrubal" 509
S 70 - Kormoran P 6120 18.07.1977 DRCD 13.12.2005 sold to Tunesia, "Giscon" 510

 

"Hasdrubal" (ex "S69 Habicht") and "Giscon" (ex "S70 Kormoran") under tunesian Flag - Picture: R. Werner

Colours at Rostock-Warnemünde - Picture: R. Werner

Newspaper Wilhelmshavener Zeitung vom 30.04.2012

 

 

Pictures

Coat of Arms

 

Return to S-Boats